Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about building cutting edge applications?
We're seeking an Senior Application Architect based in our Montvale, New Jersey office. In this role, you will operate as part of an essential team member within the application development group that builds and designs applications for our platform.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Responsible for coding, testing and analyzing application software.
* Supports existing business systems applications.
* Consults with business analysts to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
* Responsible for designing and documenting technical requirements.
What you will need to succeed:
* 3+ yrs. of related IT software development experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technology related field is preferred
* Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving technology challenges, with a can-do attitude
* Experience in developing and implementing web services and solutions
* Knowledge of logical and physical database architectures and operating systems
* Experience in Agile, DevOps and Iterative development methodologies
* Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results
* Strong communication skills including demonstration of written functional specifications and technical design with ability to interact with partners globally
* Exposure to IBM MQ Series, IIB (10&9)
What will make you stand out:
* Knowledge of cloud services
* Experience working on AWS/Azure is a big plus
* Experience in the Financial industry a plus
* Technical areas of expertise:
* IBM MQ Series, IIB (10&9), Message Broker (8 & 7) DataPower (XI52/XI50/XB62/XG45) C, C++, Java, J2EE, ESQL, XSLT and Java Script WMQI, WTX HTTP, SOAP, JSON, RESTful APIs UNIX (AIX, Solaris), Windows, Linux Shell Script Agile Scrum-JIRA/Confluence Source Control-GIT, SVN CI/CD- Jenkins/Ansible DB2, ORACLE, Couchbase Experience in TIBCO BW, EMS is a plus
What's in it for you?
* Competitive global pay and benefits
* Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
Western Union is a global provider of money movement and payment services for consumers and businesses.