Senior Application Architecture Lead - Gaithersburg, MD
As a Sr. Application Architecture Lead, you are expected to:
* Always have an opinion and be right, often
* Be a leader and role model for others
* Understand how to professionally disagree with colleagues and customers
* Be an expert at software engineering with a breadth of experience in software engineering patterns
* Be able to design complex applications and platforms using a variety of technologies
* Be able to identify new technologies the team should be investing time in and become an expert in them quickly
* Be experienced in Java web development
* Have experience in application architecture and integrating systems across several platforms
* Have experience using common development tools such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, etc.
* Ability to delegate work to both on-shore and off-shore resources
* Manage development planning and work within Jira or similar tool
We prefer a candidate that has deep traditional software development skills. It is required that you have most of the skills listed below:
* Spring Boot / Java
* CSS / Less / SCSS
* Activiti / Flowable
* Strong experience with cloud hosting and the AWS infrastructure
* MongoDB / Couchbase / Other NoSQL technologies
* Responsive web development
* Jira / Confluence / GIT
* Apache PiG
* Strong background in both on premise and cloud instrastructure
* Experience with a continuous integration environment
* Experience with cross platform mobile web development
* Experience with iOS development
* Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industry
Technologies that are helpful but not required:
* Adobe Experience Manager
* .NET Development
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred but not required.
* 15+ years of hands on software development experience.
* 5+ of leadership responsibilities on software delivery projects.
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca is a global science-led biopharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of prescription medicines.