The Senior Application Analyst - Planning is responsible for working on complex planning and projects and issues where he or she will determine methods and procedures to solve business problems leveraging expertise in JDA Enterprise Planning. They will need to coordinate with other resources both internal and external. They will work closely with business partners to understand planning processes and how they are supported by existing planning systems, to align IT solutions. Areas of focus include delivery of new planning system capabilities, troubleshooting, user support, information management, relationship management, development lifecycle, documenting requirements and project delivery activities.
* Leverage expertise in JDA Enterprise Planning and general planning business processes to ensure IT systems optimally meet business capability requirements
* Develop partnerships, acting as a liaison between technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and advise on technical questions or business use cases.
* Manage meetings, issue resolution, escalation, etc. for the teams during the complete lifecycle of all assigned projects.
* Ability to lead develop materials and deliver / present to senior leadership
* Drive test planning and execution throughout all phases of testing (i.e. unit, end-to-end, integration, performance, operational readiness, user acceptance.) for all assigned projects.
* Lead creation and review of all test-related deliverables including test approach, test plan, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, test scripts, and test results.
* Routinely manage user acceptance testing for moderately complex projects and obtain sign-off from the business.
* Partner with the business and portfolio leadership to manage business demand
SUBSET SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
* Drive the delivery of JDA EP capabilities as part of a large planning systems implementation.
* Drive others and self to create the project status report.
* Analyze ambiguous and complex risks and recommend mitigations and improvement approaches.
* Analysis and Judgment
* Technical Competence
* Presentation and training abilities
* Customer Service
* Business/Retail Acumen
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
* Drive for Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
* 6-8 years of experience in the IT field or equivalent business work experience, retail planning experience required.
* Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate activities of other associates
* Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to all levels of the organization
* Ability to network with key contacts outside of own area of expertise
* Advanced application of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
* Working knowledge and hand-on implementation experience with JDA planning systems
* Experience with using MS Project and SharePoint
* Solid level of working business knowledge within retail enterprise planning
* Track record of successful implementation of planning capabilities leveraging JDA
* Work with multiple teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.