Verizon Media Group
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most and is the first screen for the next generation of sports fans worldwide,who crave real-time personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
A Little About Us
We are the Sports Mobile App team at Yahoo - a talented group of engineers and (mostly) sports fans who are passionate about building best-in-class sports apps. With our startup roots (as a Yahoo acquisition), we value collaboration, innovation, fun and a good technical challenge. We take pride in our apps and the service we bring to millions of sports fans, each day, all over the world.
A Lot About You
We are looking for an experienced, motivated engineer who is passionate about mobile app development and building high quality products. Someone who thrives on working with a team of smart, talented engineers, who can both take and give constructive feedback and who is active in team discussions. Someone who enjoys challenging work and is curious and driven. Someone who can help us take our products to the next level.
* Collaborate with other talented developers and designers to help define, build and deliver new features in our Sports Android app
* Code in Java, on our MVP based architecture - with an emphasis on modular, performant, maintainable code design
* Share responsibilities like app architecture/design reviews, code reviews, writing unit tests, performance tuning
* Own and deliver -- from the small must-do tasks to large, complex projects with many moving parts
* Share your opinions on, and help shape, our technical direction, best practices, product designs/ideas and team processes - we value (and depend on) your input!
You Must Have
* 3+ years experience building native Android apps that have been successfully launched
* Strong coding chops, code design skills and grasp of development best practices -- including object-oriented design; writing modular, reusable, testable code; data structures; concurrency; performance tuning
* Proficiency in developing on the Android platform: Java, Gradle, Android Studio, Material Design standards, git, etc. -- the skills and tools needed to build Android apps
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
* The quintessential teammate -- great communicator, adaptable, supportive, hard working and enjoys a good laugh
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering
* Being a sports fan is a big plus!
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.