This is a very unique role which combines the small team feeling of a startup launching a brand new product, with the perks, opportunity size and impact of a big company. Our team is building the next big thing, from scratch, as an independent startup, but all within the hypergrowth context of TripActions. You have a chance to heavily impact the roadmap of a nascent product and organization.
We are looking for a senior Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build a new generation of our mobile applications with the Payment team.
* Re-imagine how people travel
* Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
* Collaborate with designers and engineers
* Analyze and optimize UI for quality, efficiency and performance
* Work collaboratively with Product managers and designers on defining the best mobile user experience
* Live and breathe beautiful mobile experiences
* BS in Computer Science or related technical field
* + years of experience building high-quality Android apps.
* Experience building consumer facing apps.
* Published apps in the market
* Experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying software for server-side development using Java/ Kotlin as the primary language
* You understand the nuances of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
* Extensive knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
* A solid foundation of modern Java data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices.
* Prior experience building RESTful API's focusing on integration with back-end services
* Experience with cloud messaging API's, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization.
* Passionate about Android and are always up to date with the latest industry trends concerning OS, devices, applications, web technologies and new user interactions as they are released.
* Passionate about building fantastic mobile user experience (strong in building animations, beautiful UI components)
* Familiarity with the use of additional sensors (maps/GPS, fingerprint)
* Hands on experience with continuous integration
* Fin-tech experience
* Kotlin, RxAndroid & Dagger2 experience.
* Experience with MVVM/ MVP.
* iOS development experience
TripActions is a travel management company for businesses and business travelers.