Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Android Engineer- Ease Platform
At Capital One, the Android platform is recognized as an opportunity to reach our customers in unique, personal and engaging ways. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of the full ecosystem of phones, tablets, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Android Wear, Google Glass and whatever future developments Google creates. Our engineers are provided with top of the line MacBook Pros, Thunderbolt monitors and the necessary tooling to develop the best possible products with the least amount of friction. We operate in small productive agile teams and use the best industry tools to collaborate across teams. If Jelly Bean and Kit Kat make you think of improved window buffer allocation and Host Card Emulation instead of tasty treats, then you need to come check us out!
* Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adheres to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles
* Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity
* Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
* Be an active advocate of the Android platform through both internal and external developer communities
* Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Java, Android SDK, AndroidWear, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc)
* Influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from broader team
* Mentor junior to mid-level members of the team
* Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.)
* Own and lead delivery of major components and platform needs in partnership with senior engineers and Architects
* Grow and provide SME level leadership
* Proficiency with Android Studio Tooling and experience with Android 8.0 and higher
* Experience with distributed version control (Git, Mercurial)
* Familiarity with Agile delivery practices
* Understanding of core Android constructs (Layouts, Widgets, Views, Services, Activities and Fragments) and unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Roboelectric, etc.)
* Advanced Java OO knowledge (abstract classes, interfaces, anonymous classes, etc.) and working knowledge of Kotlin
* Experience driving direction, driving consensus and delivering medium to large sized/complexity components independently
* Ability to detect and abstract common patterns in code
* Experience with Google libraries (Play services, Maps, etc.)
* Development on multiple form factors (phone, tablet, Wear)
* Bachelors Degree or military experience
* At least 5 years of professional coding experience
* At least 3 years of experience with Android
* At least 2 years of experience leading or overseeing or influencing development activity of multiple developers among and beyond team
* Presented coding topics to development peer group internal and external to work
* Maintains an active public coding presence through GitHub
* Has developed and supported their own app in one of the Android markets (Google Play, Amazon App Store, etc.)
* Contributed towards an open source project
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.