Senior Android Developer
Shiftgig is transforming the way people work. We offer on-demand workforce management solutions that help you attract and retain your workforce with ease. Want to increase worker engagement and retention? Our platform helps you match workers with available shifts that align with their skills, location and performance history. We are leveraging the latest technologies to advance our mission of connecting millions of workers with millions of shifts.
* You enjoy creating solid, clean code so you won't hate yourself the next time you have to visit it.
* You have a love of software development and making neat things to help people in their daily lives.
* You know how to balance pragmatic, iterative development with the long term vision of a scalable and usable product.
* You're able to work as part of a small team, but be self-motivated and comfortable solving problems independently.
* You're excited about researching and implementing technologies you've never implemented before.
* You have an appreciation for good design and good user experience. You don't have to be a designer yourself, but you should be able to work with designers and have a solid idea of what makes a friendly and delightful native app.
* You're able to quickly analyse bugs and usability issues in live apps, and provide solutions for those problems with a quick turnaround.
Mobile developers at Shiftgig should also work on either our APIs or web FE code. Our APIs are powered by AWS Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, RDS (PostgreSQL), and other AWS technologies; our web experience is a modern React app. If you already have experience with these technologies, or are excited to learn them, you'll be a great fit.
* At least 3 years of Android development
* Professional experience with Kotlin, or a desire to learn it; about 50% of the codebase is Kotlin
* Experience consuming REST interfaces and building asynchronous networking clients.
* Experience with unit testing. Familiarity with Mockito a plus.
* Experience with user testing and direct QA, or a desire and willingness to interact directly with users to solve issues.
* Experience with geofencing and Google maps
* Experience with RxJava & RxAndroid (https://github.com/ReactiveX/RxJava)
* Experience with Agile methodology
* HRA - Health Reimbursement Account
* HSA - set up a Health Savings Account
* 90% Dental Coverage
* 100% Vision Care Coverage
* Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Parking and Transportation Spending Account
* 401(K) Retirement Plan
Shiftgig is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Connecting service industry people with funny and informative content, jobs, and each other.