Are you an experienced Android developer? Do you enjoy leveraging hardware sensors and location services to solve challenging problems in new and creative ways? Want to help us evolve the Android stack for a product that's receiving rave reviews and solving real-world problems? As an Android developer at TrueMotion, you'll play a key role on our mobile engineering team, developing new features, having fun and making our products ever more awesome. You'll also have the opportunity to work on new projects from concept through implementation. Our team enjoys working together and shares a passion for both the business of what we do (making driving safer for everyone) and the technologies that make it all possible. We also enjoy a collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, a strong benefits package and a fun centrally located office that's just a short walk from the MBTA's Red, Orange, Green and Silver Lines (at South Station, Chinatown, and Downtown Crossing).
* Lead the development of software to reliably collect and manage data from smartphone sensors
* Innovate using a combination of sensors and location services
* Contribute to the development of our Android app store and B2B applications and SDKs
* Help scale our mobile team processes by practicing "Clean Code" principles for app architecture, branching/versioning, release train, feature flipping and A/B test, CI pipeline, TDD.
* Advocate for the Android platform e.g: evaluating new frameworks, leading the Android technical vision at TrueMotion, mentoring more junior members of the team
* Deliver apps with enhanced features and capabilities, while continually improving delivery time and quality
* 4+ years of experience with key Android technologies and at least one of the following:
* Embedded systems
* Systems programming experience: drivers, high performance I/O
* Game development
* Implementing libraries with advanced networking needs
* In-depth experience with:
* Location services and geofencing
* High frequency time series data
* Leveraging IMU sensors
* Designing performant threading architecture
* Fluency in Java
* Knowledge of RxJava and/or Kotlin
* Experience designing robust, extensible and customizable mobile applications and frameworks
* Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
* Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit)
* Knowledgeable about test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD) and debugging
* Experience working on a team
* Basic cryptographic knowledge
* Literacy in any of the following languages: C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, Python
* System engineering/architectural skills i.e., able to understand the big picture
* Competitive salary based on experience
* Stock options
* Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
* Flexible Paid Time Off
* Feel great working to solve a serious, real-world problems like reducing distracted driving
* Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up team stretch
* Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun run around the Boston waterfront
* Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thirsty Thursday afternoon
* Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Safer driving, powered by your smartphone.