We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to help us build awesome Android apps that integrate with our services platform. This person will report to the Mobile Development Manager for Android Team. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store.
At Macys.com it isn't enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
This is a 100 % hands-on role. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Work with our product team to build exciting new features for our customers.
* Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving issues/defects.
* Work with Release Engineering team in app deployment activities
* Work with our UX team to implement pixel perfect designs and animations.
* Implement unit test cases as part of new feature development.
* Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* 3 years as a Android Developer with deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps.
* 3 years of depth knowledge of Java.
* Experienced with using all the building blocks (ex: Fragments/Activities, Services, Content Providers) available in Android SDK.
* An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns MVP, MVVM.
* Must have utilized Android Data Binding in building Android Apps.
* Must be well versed with Reactive Programing concepts and hands on experience with Rx Java.
* Familiar with Dependency Injection principle and enabling this using Dagger 2 on Android apps.
* Experience integrating Android apps with RESTful APIs.
Nice to have:
* Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
* Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
* May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
* Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
* Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
* Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.