Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of Software Applications, excellent problem-solving skills, and an uncompromising attention to quality and design. In addition, they should have a proven track record of delivering quality products on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Key contributor to the design and implementation of new products
* Architect solutions with a focus on stability, testability, scalability, simplicity and sustainability
* Write design documentation
* Follow internal software development procedures that comply with medical regulations
* Implement requirements on software apps
* Develop automated unit tests
* Interface with software test to ensure high quality product
* Owns product areas and coordinates efforts among team members and across departments
* Works closely with all supporting groups and departments
* Ability to articulate ideas to a non-technical audience
* Other duties as assigned
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Master's degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
* 5+ years of native software apps development
* 3+ years of experience with developing and maintaining Android apps
* Experience commercializing Android apps currently available in the Play Store
* Ability to understand company intent for the application and align programming
* Actively seeks discussions for design direction when direction is not obvious
* Must have strong communication skills to discuss tradeoffs between design options
* Eager to collaborate and learn from top tier principal engineers
* Ability to work in a structured corporate company in a regulated industry
* Strong time management skills and ability to manage work-load independently
* Experience developing software for a regulated medical device
* Experience with Kotlin
* Experience with multithreading and thread synchronization
* Familiarity with Agile and Git
* Proficient with OOP and design patterns
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
* Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products.
* Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
* Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Functional Business Knowledge:
* Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories.
* Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
* Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought.
* Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an indepth evaluation of various factors.
* Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.