Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Android Framework Engineer. You will be part of a small team of developers focused on making video collaboration an amazing experience and the software you create will be used by thousands of people every day.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. Leave your ego at the door when you come to work every day. These are the behaviors you'll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
* Lead Implementation of custom services, applications, and device management features.
* Lead Implementation of new and unique features that will differentiate the product.
* Ensure the product software has the highest quality, performance and security.
* Drive product software architecture
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
* Expertise in Java and C/C+.
* Strong architecture skills with an emphasis on API design and code reusability.
* OS concepts (multi-core processing, threads, processes, sockets, etc), algorithms, data structures.
* Strong reverse engineering skills.
* Have worked with SE-Android, AOSP, HAL, NDK, MediaCodec API, audio & video encoder/decoder.
* Have written Android applications for audio,video and streaming usages.
* Have worked with wired and wireless interfaces, WiFi, BT, USB etc.
* Good knowledge of revision control and code review tools like git, gerrit and build infrastructure like gradle, maven, jenkins
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
* Experience customizing AOSP for targeted devices like media streaming
* Experience integrating custom framework components into Android
* Expert level knowledge of one or more components like Graphics, Imaging etc
* Good knowledge of various frameworks like OpenGL, OpenCL, OpenVx etc
* Expert level knowledge of efficient rendering of various view elements and viewing system in general
* Experience implementing best in class security concepts to secure interfaces, apps, services etc.
* You love working with Android and carry android devices and tinker with them
* Good knowledge of device firmware updates, OTA etc
* Good knowledge of supporting multiple displays within Android and how to route different content to them
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.