Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are a data-driven financial technology company. Analytics and data science are core to our decision making processes, from automated credit underwriting and servicing to creating new products for our consumers. The Analytics Platform team is the main gatekeeper of this data. The team's mission is to empower people with the use of actionable data and information.
We're looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Analytics Platform team. The team is responsible for ensuring consistent and friction-less data access across the organization. The ideal candidate will have exceptional data modeling, warehousing, automation and data viz skills, as well as strong interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration skills.
What You'll Do
* Partner cross-functionally with teams across marketing, FP&A, ops, commercial, engineering, and analytics; build a rapport to be a trusted data advisor
* Define and drive optimized data access and data-informed decision-making across the organization
* Ensure our evolving data warehouse is in lockstep with our growing analytics and reporting use cases, and ensure the data warehouse scales with our growth (enabling better and consistent tracking and attribution, necessary schema upgrades to ensure data is more centralized)
* Facilitate automation of analytical and data tasks and processes
* Establish data management best practices to ensure completeness, cleanliness, and consistency across the entire data lifecycle
What We Look For
* Passion and drive to disrupt both the retail and lending industry for the better
* 3+ years of relevant experience in data warehousing, ETL, automation and reporting
* Strong working knowledge of data-warehousing, schema and data modeling best practices
* Exceptional data retrieval and handling skills using SQL and Python (or other scripting languages)
* Experience with workflow engines/ ETL tools (we use Luigi, dbt)
* Strong interpersonal and project management skills and ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally
* Experience with Looker (or other reporting/dashboarding platforms) is desirable
* Compelling data storytelling and data visualization skills is a big plus
* Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
* Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasksHumility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-KM1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Affirm, Inc.
Affirm is a financial technology services company, offering installment loans to consumers at the point of sale.