Specific duties and responsibilities:
* First Level technical support of Salesforce.com reports and dashboards
* Technical support of the systems includes maintenance of daily activities, ability to troubleshoot, escalate and make changes to fix first line support issues.
* Escalate any issues to management to ensure proper sense of urgency is being applied.
* Make recommendations to the users for corrective action as necessary to ensure success. Create solutions to address any issues.
* Communicate symptoms and impact of the issue clearly and effectively.
* May assist with testing system components before system enhancements or new program developments are implemented.
* Run ad-hoc queries out of the different systems and develop presentable reports.
Process Improvement and Analytics
* Support new technology initiatives as they are introduced to the organization
* Work on cross-functional teams to develop novel methods for analyzing and presenting data
* Gather operational requirements based on management direction and business demands
* Leverage systems knowledge and provide insight regarding impact to existing systems and processes
* Learn new applications as they are implemented
* Participate in pilot programs including installation, UAT and documentation
* Improve tools currently in place
* Come up with creative ideas for enhancements based on observations and feedback that will support making it "easy"
* Collaborate with business analysts, IT teams and field operations to determine feasibility and impact to any considered changes
* Execute tasks to support implementation of changes as required. Follow these tasks through to completion to ensure successful implementation
* Compile and distribute stats of campaign lists and backfills across all campaigns. Work with IT to maintain appropriate base levels across all campaigns.
Support ongoing and ad hoc reporting and analytics in the following areas:
Reporting and Analysis Support:
* Support established reporting and analysis through daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements.
* Identify the reporting needs and build self-service dashboards
* Work with high dimensional and fast moving data to build continually learning systems and through your work have direct impact on revenue and bottom line
* Using strong analytics skills, business acumen and attention to quality to provide data and analysis to assist in solving complex business problems
* Design and execute analytics roadmaps, conduct research and analyze customer data sets
* Search for patterns and trends in cost and utilization using multiple data sources
Communication and Documentation
* Proactively communicate to management the successes, issues, status, etc. to be able to inform user community in a timely manner.
* Work closely with Business Units, Product Development, and Product Management teams to identify and answer important business and product questions. Communicate insights to executive leadership.
* Actively participate in and contribute to team meetings. Prepare for and execute appropriate sections of weekly pulse meetings
* Document appropriate procedures, processes, and activities to share knowledge
* Maintain positive working relationships with call center personnel, systems teams and other business teams
* Explore joining and participating in user groups to keep abreast of what other organizations are doing with similar systems
* Communicate insights and suggest improvements based on data and observed trends in order to advance reporting capabilities
* Present analytic output in order to soundly communicate clients to inform strategic and tactical decision making and guide business decisions
Take on special projects as required (20%).
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 2-4 years of experience in related field
* Experience with Salesforce
* Reporting or Analytics experience
* Strong Microsoft office skills necessary
* Excellent time management skills
* This position demands very solid organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary
* Ability to work independently and execute across multiple groups
* Ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.