Senior Analyst Design Communications (Corporate Communications)
About the Experience
Want to help us Inspire Humanity? At JetBlue, one of the ways in which we inspire our Crewmembers and Customers is through story.
For the Senior Analyst, Design Communications, this means you have the desire to motivate, engage and activate Crewmembers and the general public by telling visual stories through smart and beautifully designed print and digital graphics.
No day will ever be the same. You'll be strategizing and designing for a wide range of audiences and mediums. In the end, we're looking for someone who is passionate about the JetBlue brand and realizing a team vision through beautiful and compelling graphics to be shared across channels and audiences. The visual stories you create will simplify complex concepts or ideas, add excitement to new initiatives and announcements, and deepen Crewmember appreciation of and engagement with informational and editorial content.
The Senior Analyst, Design Communications will report to the Director, Corporate Communications and will be a part of and support the Corporate Communications team. The Designer will partner with members of the team to advance integrated internal and external communications through visual storytelling. This includes designing visual assets and templates for email, video, our intranet, internal conferences and presentations, special events, press releases, blog posts, social media, senior leadership presentations, and the day-to-day needs of various teams and leaders. The Senior Analyst is a highly collaborative designer with strong conceptual ability and technical skills who cares equally about creativity and utility.
* Pre-Design: hold discovery meetings and ask questions to truly understand clients' needs, provide clear communication with project stakeholders throughout the project, outline detailed creative briefs in preparation for the design project, create project schedules and finalize all other preparations.
* Design: Develop creative designs and compelling stories in line with JetBlue's brand standards and grounded in best practices for visual storytelling.
* Provide informal mentorship for other designer(s) on the Corp Comm Team, including managing the prioritization of requests, in coordination with the Director, Corporate Communications
* Support additional public relations, special events, and marketing initiatives as assigned
* All other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in graphic design, art, marketing or related field
* Four (4) years demonstrated experience in communications and/or graphic design
* Must possess strong organizational, planning, and time-management abilities to be able to juggle and produce multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines with minimal oversight
* Ability to personally manage projects and expectations for a diverse client base that encompasses every department and every level of the company
* Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and After Effects
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
* An understanding of HTML and web design content management systems
* Self-motivated and able to work independently and manage self towards goals, while being an adaptable and resilient team player
* Attention to detail and while providing exceptional customer service with little supervision
* Available for occasional overnight travel (25%)
* Currently in possession of a valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
* Excellent troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Master's degree in fine art / graphic design or other related field
* Seven (7) years of professional corporate communications or agency experience.
* Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
* Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
* Professional proficiency in Spanish
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice.
* Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance.
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft.
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun.
* Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards.
* Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR)).
* Graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office) and hardware equipment (Apple)
* Normal office environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top