We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Analyst - Data Protection will serve as a specialist on global data protection matters. S/he will liaise with business and technology departments to provide functional and technical expertise related to data protection, security and privacy. Analyst will also serve as the data protection champion at United partnering with business and IT application owners to raise awareness and educate them on data protection requirements and responsibilities.
* Work closely with business and technology departments to review and understand projects, initiatives and technologies
* Explain and support privacy by design
* Explain and support privacy impact assessments
* Help with data discovery efforts
* Guide business and technology departments in the creation and maintenance of records of processing
* Support data subject rights response process
* Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups
* Partner with Legal on privacy complexities
* Participate in data protection and data governance projects and initiatives
* Assess business processes and technologies for compliance with United's security and privacy policies
* Operationalize and drive compliance to United's security and privacy policies and procedures by clearly and concisely articulating impacts and offering practical, consistent suggestions as to remediation activities to business and technology departments
IT Process Mgmt. and Administrative:
* Work closely with business and technology departments on the deployment and operation of data protection and data governance-related technology
* Work closely with business and technology departments to gather and manage remediation metrics
* Bachelor's Degree, focus on Computer Science or a related area
Familiarity with compliance regulations, IT, security frameworks and standards (i. e. GDPR, NIST 800, ISO/IEC 27002, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, HITRUST) * Knowledge of global data protection laws and regulations, including GDPR * Knowledge of data architecture, database technologies, and cloud services * Experience with SQL databases and basic SQL operations for data manipulation * Experience with Data Protection or Data Governance tools (e.g., data discovery, data mapping data lineage, data loss prevention, database activity monitoring, data modeling) * 5+ years of experience working as a privacy analyst or equivalent experienceKnowledge of data protection, security, privacy, data governance, and data lifecycle methodologies and concepts * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills * Ability to professionally interact with multiple stakeholder groups and levels * Capable of aggregating information and data and producing reports for representing status and results * Self-motivated and results-oriented * Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile, fast-paced environment * Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills * Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship * Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification * Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* Additional education or certification (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CISSP, CISM) * Ideal candidate will possess all of the above qualification, plus airline industry experience and a proven track record managing departmental teams in large, multi-platform mission critical IT environments that are complex, diverse and fast paced