Senior Analyst -- Critical Systems Partnership
Req #: WHQ00014983-CT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
Information Technology Overview
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Analyst - Critical Systems Partnership is responsible and accountable for executing on the IT Security strategy to maintain partnerships on critical systems across the organization. This role is responsible for understanding the data landscape and upstream & downstream processes across specific critical systems in United. The individual will earn the trust of internal clients through partnership and act as a advisor for security related efforts. This role will require business acumen combined with IT security exposure to serve as a security liaison for internal customers on topics ranging from governance and risk assessments to penetration testing and security product implementation.
* Works cross-functionally across the organization to execute on a partnership strategy for the IT Security team
* Partner with critical systems' teams to develop a deep understanding of their systems, processes and data with IT Security as the lens and identify key initiatives; engage rest of the IT Security functions to maintain a continuous improvement model on United's security posture
* Interfaces with United's compliance, audit and legal teams on matters of mutual interest
* Responsible for working across the organization to increase security posture by protecting United's IT assets, but at the same time does not prevent progress within the business environment
* This role is both strategic and tactical - must have strong technical capabilities in the security arena as well as strong leadership skills to influence and drive security conversations
* Coordinates the execution of all IT Security tools, technologies, people, processes and procedures enterprise-wide, ensuring internal and external standards are followed
* Coordinates remediation of non-compliant areas of business and Information Technology departments
IT Process Management and Administrative:
* Accountable for administrative management of IT professionals, either as direct reports or sourced
* Provide periodic updates, education and presentations to staff and management on various aspects of critical systems.
* Knowledge of global data protection laws and regulations, including GDPR
* Knowledge of data architecture, database technologies, and cloud services
* Working knowledge and/or hands on experience with as many as possible of the following areas as they relate to IT Security:
* Tools and services used to support Security and Data Governance
* Global Data Protection Regulation
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
* Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
* Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Strategic technology planning
* Experience with SQL databases and basic SQL operations for data manipulation
* Experience with Data Protection or Data Governance tools (e.g., data discovery, data mapping data lineage, data loss prevention, database activity monitoring, data modeling)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to professionally interact with multiple stakeholder groups and levels
* Capable of aggregating information and data and producing reports to present current state, recommendations, status, risks etc.
* Self-motivated and results-oriented
* Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile, fast-paced environment
* Bachelor or Master's degree (preferably in Computer Science or Cyber Security)
* 5+ years of experience working in large complex environments implementing IT security partnerships with various departments and business functions
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* include everything under Other
* Airline industry experience
* Proven track record managing departmental teams in large, multi-platform mission critical IT environments that are complex, diverse and fast paced
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.