Senior Analyst - Baggage Systems Technology
Req #: WHQ00015913-RT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
Responsible for consultation to the internal and/or external customer. Possess expertise in the customer area he/she supports and has technical understanding of the business unit's systems, capabilities, and respective technologies. Analyze customer processes and requirements. Prepare specified project documentation according to UAL IDF standards. Assist in business process redesign as needed. Maintain communication with customer and team members and promote a team environment.
* Works/Consults across multiple projects; functions as a project leader
* Works on complex projects that require subject matter expertise
* Provides direction, tools, and process support to less senior employees
* Works independently
* Makes decisions within guidelines & policy
* Is accountable for projects or programs with low to moderate risk and resource requirements.
* Projects may have enterprise impact
* Plan and Design solutions after Requirements are gathered
* Create complex workflow models and process maps independently directly from a defined spec sheet.
* Facilitate meetings with Technology and Business Leaders to develop needs and requirements
* Develops best practice solutions
* Develops improvement and enhancement to current solutions
* Create and facilitate training programs and knowledge articles
* Understanding of business principles (i.e. Airport Operations)
* Develops solutions to existing problems/issues
* Develops compliance and adherence to principles
* Consults with business managers
* Develops project scope
* Translates business requirements to technical requirements
* Creates service level agreements
* BS/BA, preferably in Information Technology or Business or equivalent experience, education, or training
* Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
* Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
* Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
* Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
* 5 or more years IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal/external customers, gets customer information and uses it for improvements, acts with the customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
* Partners with the Business - Acts as valued partner to the business, develops relationships with the customer, deals honestly and effectively with business partners, is seen in a positive light by the business/customer.
* Patience - Involves listening and checking before acting. Is tolerant with people and processes, tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting, sensitive to due process and proper approaches.
* Task Management - Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.