* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent subject
* Minimum 8+ years of working experience in Agile methodologies
* Minimum 5+ years of working experience as an Agile coach in fast moving tech environments
* Deep understanding of Agile values and principles
* In-depth experience systemizing fit-for-purpose agile ceremonies across teams and coaching leaders on agile values, design thinking, customer value, product management, etc.
* Working experience on training individuals and teams in (product management, design thinking, lean, and Agile)
* Working knowledge and experience with several Agile methodologies: SCRUM, XP, Kanban, SAFe and fluid
* Experience driving proven impact within large-scale agile transformations
* Outstanding inter-personal, problem-solving and communications skills (written, verbal, and non-verbal)
* Strong working knowledge of technical engineering best practices (e.g, test driven development, continuous integration, DevOps, etc.
Who You'll Work With
You'll join us in Waltham, MA as part of our Technology & Digital (T&D) team.
This team of experts and coaches are adept at helping organizations become better at solving complex problems, combining business insight with world-class agile development practices.
You will work closely with our agile transformation program team to enhance agility across our Technology and Digital (T&D) function. You'll work with T&D leaders, McKinsey business sponsors & stakeholders, and global product and service teams to help teams deliver breakthrough digital products and services and continuously improve.
What You'll Do
Your responsibilities will range from nurturing agility in our teams to shaping our broader transformation at an organizational level working across products and services for various functional and business domains.
You will influence the overall strategic direction of the organization by focusing teams on customer value and have the opportunity to coach the leaders and teams on a variety of agile related topics including product management, design thinking, lean, engineering culture, and DevOps. Additionally, you'll guide definitions of metrics, business drivers, and areas of strategic investment within the portfolio; Coach and advise leaders to embrace the right mindset and become catalysts to culture change.
While working with the leaders, you will define and refine a governance approach that balances cohesion with a strong bias for team empowerment while anticipating and identifying systematic impediments and works with respective owners to resolve these for smooth functioning of the portfolio. You will also develop the organization's proficiency with agile roles & practices through workshop facilitation; 1:1 coaching; mentoring; and advising on the work across teams to optimize the flow of value to end users.
Monitoring the team outcomes and dynamics while coaching teams on improving performance and agile maturity is a large part of your role. With Agile Chapter, creating and continuously improving org-wide artifacts for an agile way of working (e.g. standards, playbooks) will be important. As a senior coach you will be looked at as a mentor who enables fellow coaches to develop their coaching capabilities and help them grow in their expected roles by exhibiting thought leadership by participating in internal/external forums in agile communities and building follower-ship within the organization.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.