ROLE TITLE: Security Systems Specialist
LOCATION: Princeton, NJ USA (BT Office) / Customer Premise (Central/South NJ USA)
We Bring It All Together For You
BT Global Services is a managed networked IT services company, operating globally and delivering locally. We work for 8,500 organizations, such as BMW, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Heinz, Procter and Gamble, PepsiCo, Bristol-Myers Squibb, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fiat, Microsoft, NATO, NYSE, Thomson Reuters, Unilever, Volkswagen and Volvo. They rely on our networks and services for their success.
Heritage and Scope
We understand networks and our customers can draw on more than 30 years of experience working with them. We have a unique breadth of scope, reach and capability. Our network reaches all corners of the world, underpinning global business by delivering networked IT services securely and efficiently wherever it operates. We're part of BT Group, which, with annual revenues of more than $30 billion, is one of the 200 largest companies in the world. BT is a direct descendent of the world's first commercial telecommunications undertaking. Founded in 1846, it was the forerunner of today's $3.2 trillion IT industry. With privatization in 1984, BT heralded today's vibrant and competitive telecommunications industry.
Purpose Of Role:
* Responsible for the implementation and operational end to end delivery for primarily one IT security service and for the IT Security strategy, policy, procedures, processes, systems, threat identification & response that provide IT security services and solutions for or on security infrastructure, pan-BT and externally. Responsible for maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders to minimise risks to BT.
* Responsibility for the delivery, generation and protection of revenue by ensuring the delivery of a discrete expert commercial security service to the external market.
* Leading and managing a team of security professionals and managers within a specific function or service.
* Responsible for implementing plans and budgets for monitoring, maintaining and improving the integrity of the organisation's security information processes and systems.
* Responsible for the development and delivery of communication programmes for primarily one IT Security service pan-BT, including the awareness of the cost of security failure and people's personal responsibilities.
* Implement and measure effectiveness of the IT and/or Network Security programmes, processes, operations and architectural solutions for BT that support the security strategy and policy and takes into account risks and appropriate legal, regulatory constraints.
* Contributes to the identification and responsible for the collation and presentation of emerging security risks and threats to influence the direction of BT's IT Security strategy and policies.
* Deliver the operations of a number of security services that influences and/or provides the security infrastructure for one or more capabilities for BT and customers.
* Responsible for the implementation of the techniques and procedures for Information Assurance risk assessments, compliance audits and mitigation strategies.
* Investigate and resolve and where necessary report incidents involving potential or actual breaches of protective security compliance.
* Responsible for delivering the testing and validation of hardware, firmware and software for possible impacts on security.
* Responsible for the implementation of the techniques and procedures for the security vulnerability management.
* Manages the security compliance relationships with national Government bodies and appropriate non-UK Government bodies and across the industry.
* Responsible for maintaining relationships/partnership with specific customers, suppliers and stakeholders, including all Third Parties, joint ventures and OLOs, ensuring the cost effective provision of a professional Security service.
* Contribute to the financial management / P&L responsibility of the department including the setting of annual budgets, production of capital cases, QRF production, cost recovery.
* Responsible for the implementation of commercially viable security services to generate revenue and retain business.
* Responsible for the implementation, measurement and monitoring of targets to ensure that improvement, productivity gains and cost efficiencies are achieved.
* Provides leadership for a team, or matrixed team, of Security professionals and managers to build high performing and well motivated teams.
* Advises senior BT Management, on systems issues relating to risk compliance, incident management affecting BT.
* Responsible for influencing complex IT Security negotiations that may have business implications for BT.
* Responsible for the implementation of commercially viable IT security solutions that support LoB performance and client relationships.
* Ability to influence the behaviour and culture of functions outside of own business area.
* Provide subject matter advice and consultancy for the winning and retention of business/revenues through the delivery of expert security services to the external market and by the delivery of security assurance on BT's products and services.
* Implement and deliver the security programmes and solutions that support the IT security strategy and policy.
* Provides advice to the strategic direction of the business from a risk, compliance and incident management perspective.
* Leads and manages a team of security professionals or managers within a specific function or service.
* Ability to make appropriate decisions on IT Security incidents and crisis management situations.
* Typically qualified to degree level, or equivalent professional experience and/or with recognized qualifications.
* Extensive IT and data network experience with a proven track record in security.
* Extensive experience of stakeholder management and influencing skills, at a senior level.
* Proven knowledge of risk management processes.
* Recognized practitioner in Security management, network and information security and people security.
* Excellent leader with a proven track record of building high performing, well motivated teams.
BT is an employee-oriented company that offers a collaborative environment. Above & beyond your base salary are the following: comprehensive healthcare including medical, dental and vision coverage; 401K match; flex spending accounts; short/long term disability & life insurance; vacation time off; etc.
Existing authorization to work in the United States is required.
Relocation support for this position is not currently available.
BT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.