Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for designing, installing, servicing and troubleshooting integrated low-voltage systems including access control, CCTV, intercom, network in addition to others. They will also be responsible for programming and configuring multiple different security systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Install, program and commission devices, equipment and software
* Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
* Validate hardware and project installations
* Participate in field audits of installed systems
* Coordinate with subcontractors on multiple projects
* Assists in job close out by providing final record drawings
* Assist in developing hardware and software designs for the project
* Engineer hardware/software designs per plans and specifications
* Review and interpret specifications, drawings and estimates
* Verify the quality and content of required submittals or project drawings
* Resolve design issues through RFI's, field surveys and documentation
* Material selection and procurement
* Maintain and adhere to standards for estimating and budgeting hardware or software designs
* Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
* Four (4) year college degree required or equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years of related work experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Understanding of access control, CCTV, intrusion detection and intercom systems including software programming and multi-system integration concepts
* Various security vendor hardware and software knowledge required
* Strong knowledge of Visio, AutoCAD or other CAD software
* Knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and Access
* Strong knowledge of networking and IP concepts
* Strong basic math skills
* Knowledge of tool usage including multi-meter a plus
* Strong project documentation concepts
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
The work is mostly sedentary. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However while on job sites individuals may have to move over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer, tools, and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.