Caci International Inc
Security Systems Administrator I
Req #: 223244
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
* Responsible for providing information assurance support for digital information, ensuring its confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Responsibilities include the maintenance of authorization to operate IT systems, monitoring and testing of IT systems for vulnerabilities and prevention of compromise, support to incident response and remediation, implementation of appropriate policy, relevant user security awareness and training, and compliance with applicable government policies and directives.
* Prepare system security plans in accordance with DOJ Security requirements.
* Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis.
* Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies.
* Provide support to the Information System Owner for maintaining appropriate operation information assurance (IA) posture for programs.
* Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
* Draft and/or prepare and maintain security Assessment and Authorization documentation (e.g., IA SOP, SSP, SCTM)
* Monitor and resolve Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities on assigned Information Systems
* Responsible for the operation and maintenance of IT systems set up by the Government to provide automated litigation support IT resources to specific cases.
* Responsible for keeping the systems and services up and running; monitoring, analyzing and optimizing server and system performance, including making recommendations for improving performance; performing scheduled system backups; assigning user IDs and passwords; allocating and tracking disk space; providing consulting support and advice to, and coordinating with, IT users responsible for specific applications/databases on the servers; identifying and ordering needed supplies, hardware, software and accessories; and performing hardware and software upgrades.
* Implements and enforces system, facility, and data security measures, including resources and procedures for patch management, security reporting, and disaster recovery.
* Administers not only hardware and operating system software, but also database and other applications software.
* Coordinates with the COR and DOJ technical staff on all these issues, and coordinates as well as with the DOJ office automation network administration staff on issues having to do with DOJ office automation networks.
* Reports on progress. Develops tools for system-wide use in developing applications; prepares system documentation.
* At least two years hands-on, directly applicable experience actually doing the work of implementing the kinds of systems being set up - e.g., UNIX, Windows, etc.
* Security+ Certification
* It is essential that the individual actually have done the work of designing, obtaining equipment and software, installing, integrating, testing, etc., in the environment required.
* Must have a good understanding of the specific applications and application software, e.g., Oracle, Concordance, web hosting, etc. CNE certification highly desirable.
* At least one year of experience setting up large scale database management applications, using the applicable database management software.
* MS Windows experience required.
* Experience in storage technology planning, performance capacity planning and modeling, applications planning, human factors issues, distributed processing, business process analysis.
* Requires at least six months experience on the job at the specific installation being administered.
* Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks and PC and server based databases and applications.
* Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's security requirements (i.e. NIST, E-Gov, FIPS, FISMA, and DOJ regulations).
* Litigation support experience helpful. Proven management skills preferred.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Undergraduate degree preferred; preferably in the computer science or management information/technology disciplines.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About Caci International Inc
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.
Caci International Inc