BAE Systems is looking for a Security Systems Administrator. The qualified candidate will be working with a lead ISSO or ISSM and leading system security activities in a rapid development environment. They will be responsible for the specification, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer security technologies using cybersecurity methodologies and information assurance management techniques on internal, DoD, and Intelligence Community systems. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the security posture and documentation needed to maintain accreditation of customer defined systems.
Tasks may include:
* Providing technical guidance to the Security Systems Administrator team regarding system security compliance
* Liaison between program personnel, internal IT and internal security personnel regarding program system security issues
* Defining and documenting accreditation requirements and boundaries of the systems under their technical oversight
* Establishing processes and procedures needed to maintain the system security posture and perform continuous monitoring within program budget
* Overseeing and contributing to the generation documentation necessary for system accreditation, such as the System Security Plan (SSP), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), IA CONOPS, Risk Matrix, Security Test Plan (STP), and system policies and procedures
* Coordinating maintenance of the day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis
* Overseeing, adjudicating, and resolving issues identified in CONMON activities such as vulnerability scans, SCAP scans, STIG compliance checks, audit log review, and periodic audits
* Ensuring system security measures comply with applicable government and corporate policies (RMF, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, and internal standards)
* Insuring the implementation of configuration and change management policies and procedures to include tracking change requests, reviewing system changes, accurately assessing the impact of system/configuration modifications upon the system's security posture and compliance, and verifying proper implementation
* Maintaining a thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls
* Directing and Conducting audits and technical inspections (as prescribed by the Lead ISSM/ISSO) to identify compliance with identified system requirements, mitigate potential security weaknesses
* Assisting the Lead ISSM/ISSO in monitoring and resolving Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to mitigate system vulnerabilities on assigned Information Systems
* Supporting Assessment and Authorization and other security test events or reviews to achieve accreditation milestones
* Support reporting of security incidentsThis position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
Keywords: Cyber, ISSM, ISSO, ISSE, GPO, SCC, Systems Administrator, SA, SCAP Compliance Checker, security, Nessus, ACAS, vulnerability, compliance, CONMON, STIG, SRG, RMF, ePO Server, SIEM, Audit, Log, Risk Management Framework, ICD-503, NIST SP 800-53, A&A, Assessment and Authorization, SSP, SCTM
About Bae Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.