BAE Systems is looking for a Security Systems Administrator. The qualified candidate will be working with a lead ISSO or ISSM supporting system security activities in a rapid development environment. They will support the implementation and maintenance of computer security technologies using cybersecurity methodologies and information assurance management techniques on internal, DoD, and Intelligence Community systems.
Tasks may include:
* Performing technical tasks as part of the Security Systems Administrator team supporting system security compliance
* Providing technical and procedural support to processes and procedures needed to maintain the system security posture and perform continuous monitoring within program budget
* Assisting in day-to-day security posture maintenance and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis
* Supporting vulnerability scans to detect software vulnerabilities
* Supporting resolution of system configuration and patching vulnerability issues in coordination with the lead ISSM/ISSO or program management
* Supporting automated and manual system assessments to validate system compliance with DISA Security Technical Information Guidelines (STIGS)
* Supporting configuration and change management and assisting in assessing the impact of system/configuration modifications upon the system's security posture and compliance
* Reviewing and providing recommendations for approval of all modifications to the information system
* Maintaining a basic understanding of NIST 800-53 controls and the RMF process
* Assisting in reviewing and inspecting technical control implementation to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
* Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of the security Body of Evidence such as the IA CONOPS, Risk Matrix, SSP, STP, POA&M, SCTM, and system policies and procedures
* Supporting security test events to achieve accreditation milestones
* Support reporting of security incidentsThis position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
Keywords: Cyber, ISSM, ISSO, ISSE, GPO, SCC, Systems Administrator, SA, SCAP Compliance Checker, security, Nessus, ACAS, vulnerability, compliance, CONMON, STIG, SRG, RMF, ePO Server, SIEM, Audit, Log, Risk Management Framework, ICD-503, NIST SP 800-53, A&A, Assessment and Authorization, SSP, SCTM
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is a global company engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems.