El Segundo, CA
US Citizenship Required
Do you have experience in the personnel security field (PERSEC)? If you want to take the next step in your career by joining a team of talented security-minded professionals working for a company that is making a difference in the world, Parsons has an opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a security administrator to help us deliver best-in-class services to our federal government clients.
You will become an integral part of a team that supports the security of critical DoD facilities. You will ensure that the Air Force Program Executive Office for Space protects against unauthorized or inadvertent disclosure, destruction, transfer, alteration, or loss of National Security Space (NSS) systems research and technology by aiding military, civilians, and contractor support personnel with security matters necessary to execute a viable security program for over 5,000 personnel.
* Maintain various daily logs for a variety of administrative functions associated with PERSEC
* Maintain an extensive customer database point of contact listing
* Assist in maintaining personnel security files for all personnel of the supported element
* Build and Maintain tracking spreadsheets/databases for customer PERSEC activities
* Perform miscellaneous administrative support functions as directed by the contractor site lead and/or the Government Security Representative
* Prepare, process, and/or review Program Access Request (PARs) for accuracy and access eligibility
* Initiate, process and review e-QIP (Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing)
* Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents
* Conduct Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS) reviews of candidates being submitted for security clearances
* Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
* Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
* Schedule and conduct indoctrinations and initial and annual security education training and awareness briefings
* Administration of Information Security functions: marking classified documents, derivative classification, safeguarding, storage and destruction, transmission and transportation of classified and controlled unclassified information.
* Coordinate access control and meetings with respect to visitors
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Experience and Education Requirements:
* A minimum of 4-6 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree; (a MS degree in a relevant discipline can substitute for 1 year of experience)
* active security clearance
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.