Search for more jobs
Security Software Process Engineer
* Job: 20905-TTER
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Do you have passion for security? Do you enjoy contributing to software process improvement and leading change management efforts?
You will work with an internal community of software engineers and quality engineers, staff to improve and evangelize our security practices, processes and tools. Sample topics include but aren't limited to; Development Security, Secure SDLC, security testing, secure coding standards, threat modeling, phishing, SOC2 compliance.
You'll provide internal consulting and coaching support, evangelize new tools and best practices, and create and deliver learning resources. This requires a passion for excellence in software development, strong technical expertise and natural leadership skills including great communication, creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
* Develop a deep understanding of security concepts, practices and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry. Over time, become an internal subject matter expert and provide consultancy and support for Development teams.
* Work with senior leaders to identify issues that impact organizational goals related to Security. Develop clear and well-scoped problem statements, and initiate and drive related projects to completion.
* Create new processes, resources and reference content both on your own and as part of a cross-functional team. Pilot new content, and help develop new standards with supporting resources.
* Facilitate organizational adoption of tools and standards through thoughtful change management strategies. Rollout tool updates and new best practices, and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt them. Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers.
* Develop creative ways to support the Development organization's growth and learning around our standard security processes. Produce self-serve resources and lead training events. Evaluate impact with Kirkpatrick Level 1-4 evaluations.
* Identify internal experts and ensure key knowledge is captured and shared. Continuously review, catalog and promote user-created documentation and resources. Facilitate and grow internal communities of practice.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
* Experience in security topics.
* Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and group facilitation.
* Strong leadership and teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles.
* Experience in developing and delivering learning resources on technical topics is desirable.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.