Are you looking for an opportunity to defend the productivity of millions worldwide against malicious individuals and organizations? Continually curious about innovative techniques and technologies in the rapidly developing landscape of information security? Obsessed with finding security solutions that solve hard problems and create better experiences for users and developers? So are we. M365 Security Engineering is the core security team for Microsoft 365's suite of services, including Office 365. We design, build, and operate security solutions that run at cloud scale to secure the world's largest commercial SaaS service. Our solutions enable engineers in Microsoft to build intelligent and differentiated services and products while meeting industry leading customer commitments and building customer trust.
Our vision is that building services and products that commercial and consumer customers can trust is something that any engineer at Microsoft should be able to do in a self-service way. We invest in key areas of security and compliance centrally so that teams can focus on building the next great app, using intelligence, automation, and extensibility to scale our ability to hold teams accountable for delivering secure and compliant products and services.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our engineers come from diverse backgrounds, are passionate and loyal to coworkers and our products, and grounded in our customer needs. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members many opportunities for learning and career growth. Our bold mission is to defend the productivity of people and organizations at home, at school, and at work. Enabling teams at Microsoft to deliver trustworthy intelligent services people love to use to communicate, create, learn and work together, anywhere.
We are seeking a software engineer for our Security Assessment team. In this role you will be responsible for delivering core components and features of services aimed at automatically assessing and recommending security focused actions to engineering teams in real time, guiding teams to make the right security decisions, at the right time. We place particular focus on helping teams mitigate against practical, real world attacks based on an understanding of adversary techniques, tools, and procedures.
* A strong passion for protecting consumers and businesses by driving online service security
* BS/MS Computer Engineering or related areas or 1+ years of combined work, educational, and personal experience in developing software and services in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience contributing to complex, high-scale distributed systems that meet evolving business requirements
* Exposure to Security Engineering and Secure Development (static analysis, SDL)
* Exposure to service infrastructure and engineering
* Strong technical problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Knowledge in one or more of these technologies: Python, SQL, .NET, C#, C++, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Cassandra, Spark
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, build, and run core components of our data collection and analytics pipeline to deliver features focused on keeping Office 365 secure
* Work closely with internal research teams to identify and understand discrete threats to online services
* Identify, design, and build new data collection and analytics components to expand our coverage of security recommendations for individual teams, as well as high level assessment of our services' security posture.
* Be a security champion across organizations, helping drive teams to deliver competitive online services with world class security
* Deliver impact while fostering strong and inclusive collaboration with engineering teams and partner teams across Microsoft
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.