Be part of the team building one of Microsoft's most exciting security products, Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (MDATP). As cyber-attacks have become more sophisticated, MDATP helps enterprises detect, investigate, and respond to advanced attacks and data breaches on their networks. From detecting nation state actors to complex supply chain attacks, our team brings deep knowledge of the attacker landscape and tradecraft to create the innovations necessary to uncover even the most well-funded attacker.
Creating world-class detection and remediation capabilities requires powerful optics built directly within the Windows operating system with robust behavioral-based detection logic in the cloud, combining big data with next generation investments in machine learning. The MDATP research team is looking for an experienced manager to lead a team of research-focused engineers adding new sensors to the OS, building and maintaining detection logic, and implementing data science platforms to scale machine learning to more than a billion signals daily.
* BS+ in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Proven team leadership and people management capabilities via 3+ years of manager experience
* 5+ years of software development in C and C++ with experience as a Windows user-mode or kernel-mode developer preferred
* Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written/verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to senior-business leaders
* Excellent cross-group collaboration, with the ability to articulate the business need and purpose for engineering changes
* Experience with cyber security domain highly desirable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead a strong team of research-focused engineers to deliver on the team's detection improvement goals through improvements in OS optics, detection logic, and machine learning infrastructure
* Partner with threat research and data science leads within the research team to prioritize detection gaps and investments based upon security ecosystem trends and first-party tradecraft research
* Oversee the development of security telemetry generated by the operating system kernel or user-mode services (using C/C++)
* Oversee the development and improvement of behavioral-based detection logic in the cloud elfe(using C#)
* Oversee the engineering design and productization of machine-learning or statistical detection strategies capable of running at fine-grain resolution over billions of signals (using C#)
* Partner with MDATP product teams to improve product capabilities and researcher development platforms
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.