First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Information Security supports the business's objectives by implementing state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies and practices so that we are well prepared to protect the Bank's systems and data from cyberattacks and other unplanned disruptions.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Security Risk and Compliance Specialist, you'll play a key role in supporting the information security risk management process within the Bank. You'll also be responsible for assessing the adequacy of the security and business continuity / disaster recovery controls of First Republic's vendors and recommending mitigating controls. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to handle compliance reviews of information technology policy and procedures, the tracking of remediation items, security risk reporting and tracking, and information technology audit preparation and responses. You'll have the opportunity to be a self-starter who proactively seeks solutions to difficult problems.
What you'll do as a Security Risk and Compliance Specialist:
* Review the security and business continuity controls of the Bank's vendor-based solutions for compliance with First Republic's policy and procedures on an ongoing basis.
* Identify and communicate recommended security and business continuity controls and control deficiencies to the Bank's various business units.
* Document and monitor the implementation of controls for technology and business project plans.
* Review vendor contracts for compliance with Bank security, business continuity and disaster recovery requirements and recommend appropriate language changes as necessary.
* Maintain a broad knowledge of best practices and trends in the field of IT controls, information security and business continuity.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's degree
* Relevant information security certifications (for example, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, or Global Information Assurance Certification) (preferred) or the ability to gain a certification within six months of hire
* Five to seven years of information security, information technology, IT controls assessment or technology risk management work experience
* The ability to develop risk management strategies that align with business goals and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems and data
* Strong technical knowledge and/or experience in security, with proficiency in a risk management framework and the ability to assess administrative and technical controls
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand business requirements and convey technology and security concepts to management
* Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills, along with excellent attention to detail
* The ability to work independently, make decisions and multitask effectively to successfully manage multiple projects in a very diverse, project-oriented environment
* The ability to complete high-quality deliverables
* The ability to be a team player
* A commitment to providing extraordinary service
* A readiness to further the First Republic culture and values
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.