Security, Risk and Compliance - Lead Business Analyst
Req #: WHQ00015925-CT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
As a Business Analyst of the Customer Recovery team at United Airlines that provides solutions for our Customers impacted by various disruptions caused by irregular operations (weather, mechanical, overbookings, plane downgrades, etc.), you will be responsible for preparing one or more of the deliverables required to build Business Requirement Documents for projects, including process flow, use cases and user stories. You will document current business processes if they are not already in place. A thorough understanding of the functional area related to the project, and the ability to identify and quantify business process improvements along with system improvements through the use of technology is critical. Knowledge of technology and the business with the ability to combine the two is a must. You will develop the requirements traceability matrix, and ensure it is charted and documented through each phase of the project life-cycle. Interface with Business Stakeholders and IT teams.
* Interface with Business Stakeholders and IT teams to work through the start-up phases of projects, ensuring business requirements and business acceptance documents are accurately developed
* Ability to manage multiple deliverables both short and long-term in a busy and aggressive environment, while staying flexible to dynamic needs and priority levels
* Establish and maintain strong business relationships with both senior and operating level business leaders
* Understand and provide recommendations for improvement of business process by leveraging existing IT capabilities and define new strategic IT capabilities
* Stay abreast of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance
* Be a Thought Partner, i.e. engaged with business owners/business process development
* Assist in analysis, evaluation, implementation, and support of systems developed internally and/or externally with an outside vendor.
* Collaborate with Project Manager, Product Owner and development leads on project planning
* Provide concise user stories to modularize delivery
* Validate that the product being developed meets business requirements
* Experiment with and integrate processes and tools to encourage continuous improvement
* Collaborate and communicate effectively with upper management, business and IT stakeholders, and any external parties
* Provide user support and coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed
* Individual will be expected to drive and document research and analysis and communicate findings and recommendations to internal customers, including senior management, in a clear and concise manner.
* Participate in business process redesign and support as needed.
* Troubleshoot, coordinate, and maintain production systems/programs/applications, as needed.
* Strong project organization skills, including prioritization and planning
* Must work independently and efficiently, often without direct supervision, and be able to mentor and develop other team members
* Proficient with Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
* Capable of managing multiple priorities, tasks, projects, and deadlines
* Background in business development, quality assurance, and technical development
* Self-starter willing to take on learning new systems with little direction
* Ability to promote ideas and make sound decisions as a member of a team of technical experts
* Analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
* Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
* Driver - takes responsibility and drives deliverables
* Good decision making skills based on the input of others
* Understanding of project management practices
* Proficient with Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
* Understanding of mobile applications and mobile app development
* Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or Business Administration and/or equivalent work experience, education, or training
* Minimum 5 years of experience analyzing business requirements [preferably airline business and/or technical experience]
* Experience developing requirements within both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
* Experience with TFS 2013 or higher
* Strong customer service focus and analytical problem solving skills are desired.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* Experience in the travel industry, especially airline related
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.