We are in the Platform Security and Vulnerability Research team and partner with teams across Azure to ship secure platforms and features, blunt software attacks, make exploitation more expensive for hackers, and to help feature teams and the organization deal with central engineering initiatives. With our team growing , we are looking for a program manager who can help maintain lasting alliances with partners, be methodical about our security, tooling, and drive feature initiatives forward.
On the engineering side, not only would you partner with technical windows development teams, you would also help create and deliver presentation content, facilitate cross company and industry collaboration, participate in central engineering projects, and develop workflows and engineering processes to be leveraged across the company.
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (CS/MIS/Cyber Security) or equivalent experience
* 3 years of experience as a program manager or equivalent experience
* Natural leadership skills and commitment to lead by example
* Experience shipping a product or feature
* Excellent organization and project management skills
* Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal)
* Thrives in a fast-paced work environment with a focus on speed and impact
* Proven capability to make quick, thoughtful, and defensible decisions from a position of ambiguity
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our team is looking for a program manager with a proven capability shipping a product or has developed internal automation or tools with proven results. This role does rely on security knowledge of attacker methodologies and technologies, as well as a technical understanding of Windows. In this role, you will need a passion for learning about customer needs and challenges, leverage your understanding of security, partner with internal and external engineering partners, create and design features, processes, or tooling, drive consensus across stakeholders, and drive projects to successful outcomes. The projects we run range from conducting security focused design reviews with feature teams to shepherding central engineering projects across our entire organization.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.