Security Program Architect
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE) team is looking for a seasoned Program Manager to work as a Security Program Architect. We are a diverse, high-impact team who is responsible for threat defense engineering in support of the Cyber Defense Operations Center (CDOC).
In this role, you will focus on maturing our security detection service by managing large scale programs within our organization and leading service standardization and best practice adoption across similar security engineering teams at Microsoft.
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
* 7+ years of program management experience
* 3+ years of security engineering and/or operations experience
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
Preferred, not required:
* Experience in threat defense engineering or response
* Experience developing and executing strategy across a highly complex environment
* Experience gaining support for your ideas across a wide array of partners and stakeholders
* Self-starter, curious and comfortable with ambiguity
* Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff
* Strong aptitude for analytical thinking, disciplined problem solving and data analysis skills
* Certification or experience with Lean or Six Sigma process improvement methodology
* Experience with SQL-based databases
* Understanding of system internals on MacOS, Windows, and Linux
The ideal candidate will have experience in a large company and in a security detection engineering or response team. They will have developed and executed strategy in a highly dynamic, complex environment with many stakeholders and partners.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Execute and evolve the service strategy
* Mature detection data collection and drive data-backed decisions
* Develop an education and engagement model for our partner risk teams and clients to ensure priority alignment across the organization
* Create alignment within our organization on detection principles and practices
* Identify quality improvement opportunities to ensure our customers' experiences are as efficient as possible
* Facilitate detection engineering best practice adoption across Microsoft security teams
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.