We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Lead the long term strategy and success of an engineering focused security team responsible for creating new security capabilities and services for internal Cruise customers
* Partner with teams throughout the organization to identify opportunities to build security solutions that address their needs
* Partner with security teams at Cruise to identify gaps addressable through creative tool creation
* Manage a small team of high functioning security and development minded engineers
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 1+ years prior management experience
* 3-4+ years with development experience, especially Go, Python, NodeJS
* 3-4+ years in a dedicated security role
* Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
* An interest in building creative solutions to challenging security problems
* Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
* You are an entrepreneur, you love to build, prototype and break
* Action oriented, analytical, troubleshooter, problem solver, motivator
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
About Cruise Automation
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.