IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
The Security Operations Engineer position within Infrastructure Services - Network Security group will be responsible for deploying, monitoring, tuning and maintaining
Security tools and Policies to protect critical Internet facing web applications within the DMZ to mitigate Security threats to the corporate network, assets, and
users. The candidate will work in the Security Tools Operations team to implement and maintain policies and profiles on Web Application Firewalls and Data Loss
Prevention tools both on-prem and cloud based to ensure daily operations and management of these platforms. This is a hands-on role that requires operations
knowledge of data security tools, especially web application firewalls. The candidate must understand how the policies implemented on these tools impacts the
management and administration, as well as the web applications they protect. In this role, the candidate will work with the respective teams to thoroughly test changes
on the security platforms and continuously review logs in order to minimize the number of false positives associated with the implementation of security profiles and
help fine tune them. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong knowledge of and experience with general information security controls employed to protect web
applications and confidential user data. The candidate will be working in a Global Support team providing follow the sun support as well as the ability to individually
identify, test and implement new data protection solutions and policies.
* Perform installation and configuration management of security systems and applications, including policy assessment of network security appliances and host-based
* Perform Security related tasks, including the day-to-day administration of the different information security tools and devices, fine tuning configuration of the
devices to reduce false positives and improve effectiveness in security event monitoring.
* Perform ongoing tuning and alerting on technologies which may include but are not limited to: Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), CASB
Cloud Security, Web/Email Malware protection and Security Incident Event Management (SIEM)
* Ensure that Security tools are performing optimally and security events are detected in time for remediation.
* Implementing security measures to protect the enterprise as well as prevent data loss and respond to Security incidents.
* Perform security analysis of traffic patterns and adjust policy and procedures. Responsibilities also include performing technical and non-technical risk assessments
on our systems and make recommendations to identify and improve Security Risk.
* Determine appropriate levels of security configuration, controls and monitoring.
* Developing program quality metrics as both program performance indicators and enterprise risk indicators
Requirements and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or related field) or equivalent experience is preferred.
* 5+ years in IT Security operations, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention, Cybersecurity, or Security Operations in an Enterprise environment preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in IT, or related area, with a focus on security tool technology, security management and policy enforcement preferred.
* Hands on experience supporting Security Operational or Engineering requirements of a large, global enterprise environment.
* One or more IT Security related certifications and training is highly preferred, such as WAF administration, DLP administration, CISSP, SSCP, CCNP-Security, CEH.
* Experience with management and support of the following Security tools is highly desired:
Web Application Firewalls (WAF) - Imperva SecureSphere
DLP (Data Loss Prevention) - Symantec NDLP and CASB for O365 and BOX
Malware / Sandboxing / Advanced Threat Protection - FireEye
Network Intrusion Detection systems - Palo Alto Threat Protection and Firewalls
* Intermediate to Expert level knowledge on LINUX or other UNIX flavor Operating Systems
* Good understanding of Regex patterns and basic UNIX scripting
* Good knowledge of TCP, UDP, ICMP, and HTTP protocols
* Basic understanding of OWASP and related frameworks (PCI DSS, ISO 27001/27002, CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST Framework
* Basic knowledge of software testing methodologies
* Experience with review of PII/SPI data with International Data Identifiers is a plus.
* Desired Skills in Security Incident and Event Management with knowledge of Log Collection, Parsing of log files and Knowledge of regular expressions.
* Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures.
* Basic knowledge of Network, Wireless and Application security, Infrastructure hardening and security baselines for Web server and Databases.
* Basic knowledge Operating systems, applications, network, and database security architectures as well as the OSI model.
* Experience in supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environment.
* Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and time management skills.
* Ability to work efficiently and productively with minimal guidance or direction.
* Strong team player with initiative and ability to take charge of their area of expertise.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns, issues and research to other teams.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.