About Frontier Communications:
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier's video offerings include FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Security Operations Engineer, Security Operations and Response will be responsible for assessing escalated cybersecurity events and incidents across the enterprise, by providing second-level security support. The Engineer will work among a team of skilled cybersecurity professionals to address complex and challenging problems as needed within a 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) environment. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for updating processes and procedures to ensure the continuous improvement to monitoring, detection, and containment capabilities. The Engineer will be encouraged to specialize and improve their skills to strengthen the overall SOC capability. This is an exciting opportunity to do something special and help Frontier build a Security Operations Center from the ground up. Be a part of an important mission protecting critical network infrastructure and grow your cybersecurity career with a forward-thinking organization.
* Prioritize, investigate, and triage escalated security events.
* Act as situational leads for assigned incidents.
* Monitor and react to DDoS and other external attacks against internet facing services.
* Mitigate and resolve incidents based on defined procedures.
* Initiate Incident Response plan as necessary.
* Perform security dashboard reviews to maintain awareness of the environment.
* Review state of security data feeds.
* Review Threat Intelligence data.
* Assist with Incident Response as necessary.
* Participate in active threat hunting initiatives.
* Assist in performance tuning of security tools.
* Continually train and develop skills to stay current with the modern threat environment.
* Communicate SOC status and findings to Leadership.
* Assist and mentor junior SOC Analysts.
Experience and Requirements:
* 3 years of experience in a SOC environment or 5 years in Information Security.
* Sound knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain, Incident Response processes, and attacker methodologies.
* Sound knowledge of network and operating system technologies.
* Experience with SIEM, DDoS, IDS, EDR, DLP or other network monitoring technologies preferred.
* Solid understanding of primary technologies; such as operating systems, networking, databases, firewalls, web applications, etc.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking ability.
* Ability to work within a team-oriented SOC environment and lead as necessary.
* Willing to work on a rotating schedule in a 24/7 SOC environment.
* At least one of the following security certifications is preferred: CISSP, CompTIA CySA+, SANS GIAC GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GCED.