Mckinsey & Company
* Bachelor's degree in IT/Computer Science or Service-Management preferred; Master's degree is a plus
* 1-3 years of experience in security monitoring and/or incident response
* Experience in two or more of the following security domains: digital forensics (computer, memory, network, cloud, virtualization), malware analysis (Dynamic and static), reverse engineering, pen testing, network investigations, threat hunting, threat intelligence, security engineering, OSINT
* Awareness about security products and technologies, and/or networking protocols
* Experience with cloud computing, both investigating and working with cloud infrastructure
* Understanding of security alerts triage that includes malware/phishing, denial of service, unauthorized access, ETC, knowledge of security tools that include SIEM, IDS/IPS, log aggregation, malware sandboxing, to mention but a few
* Security certifications like GIAC certifications are desirable, but equivalent work experience will be preferred.
* Strong process management background with a keen interest in process development
* Expertise to following SOPs, process adherence by teams & an eye for continuous improvement
* Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, coordinate and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
* Willingness to work shifts including at least one weekend and some holidays
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham, MA office as part of the Security Operations Center. You will work collaboratively with fellow security analysts, engineers and other IT security specialists.
The intelligence Security Operations Center (iSOC) is McKinsey and Company's internal security monitoring, detection and response organization. The iSOC is a 24/7 organization with teams in different geographical zones to ensure continuous operations and coverage of security monitoring, detection and response.
What You'll Do
You'll work both collaboratively and independently to accomplish a variety of security tasks including investigating various types of security incidents, developing and improving existing security workflows to standardize incident response.
In this role you'll formulate incident response steps when a new unprecedented incident is reported to the iSOC and collaborate with security engineers to create use cases and correlation alerts in the SIEM for continuous security monitoring. You'll embark on specialized security projects to mature the capabilities of the security operations center and write both technical and executive incident reports when called upon to do so.
You'll be expected to continue learning and improving your security analysis skills to match the current technical security challenges and innovations.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mckinsey & Company
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.