Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
We are looking for a Security analyst to join the Security Operations team. This is an opportunity to contribute to a highly visible security operations function that is the first line of defense for Workday. This is a technical role with the understanding that you are already conversant in incident handling, system security, network security, and incident response.
The role is based in Pleasanton CA and will assist with operating various integrated security technologies to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of all information resources throughout a highly distributed enterprise. The Security Operations Center is a 24/7 operation and shift work is possible.
What you'll do
* Day-to-day direct observation of various security solutions such as SIEMs, firewall appliances, intrusion prevention systems, analysis tools, and various log aggregation tools.
* Support the SOC in understanding incidents targeting Workday.
* Improve threat detection using network or system capabilities.
* Drive security monitoring efforts.
* Evaluate new tools and techniques to create innovative and practical security solutions.
* Collaborate with peers, management, and other IT professionals to quickly resolve security events.
Skills and Experience
* 3+ years of experience in a similar technical security role
* Prior Security Operations experience
* Python, Ruby and other scripting languages, plus a strong understanding of Linux/OSX and Windows
* Demonstrated knowledge of Information Security attack methods and techniques
* Ability to multi-task, coordinate, prioritize, and work under pressure.
* BS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* IDS/IPS/HIDS systems, DLP systems, firewalls, SIEM systems, and vulnerability scanning tools
* Deep understanding of network and application security threats, attack techniques, and mitigation options and network related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, IPSEC, routing protocols, etc.)
* Relevant Security, Systems, and Networking certifications a plus
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.