What you'll be doing...
This Security Implementation Lead reports to the Senior Manager of Security Engineering & Integration, and is responsible for full lifecycle execution of IT Security & Cyber Services initiatives within Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS). Specific focus is on charter/initiation, assessing scope, measuring/baselining current state, identifying/analyzing issues and opportunities, and implementing/executing improvements. Includes overall management and execution of several technical security sponsored initiatives across both IT and non-IT organizations. Also responsible for managing cross functional initiatives across multiple business areas, project managers and/or technical leads. The end goal for this position is to help us define, document and streamline initiatives that address immediate tactical threats to Verizon's security posture, enable strategy to increase our cyber security maturity, improve our operational efficiencies, and employ a customer-centric operating model. In this role, this position will also be tasked with providing effective and clear communications through both Leadership level presentations and technical communications (verbal and written).
* Manages all facets of - and provides project level leadership for - multiple assigned security initiatives that, once implemented, will provide Verizon an improved security risk posture.
* Ensures roadmap milestones and deliverables are met within schedule, budget and quality goals, working with sponsors to establish overall objectives and key metrics required to meet project goals.
* Provides ongoing workstream management oversight for assigned security projects, while ensuring that the impacted teams clearly understand the desired security goals and benefits.
* Coordinates and ensures appropriate resolution of workstream issues, and manages the cross-functional processes for assigned projects.
* Provides support across functional and organizational boundaries. Communicates with other team members and stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of security objectives, policies and requirements.
* Works with supervisor and peers as needed to manage and track related budget items (e.g. hardware/software implementations/licensing/purchases) through the financial process to achieve workstream deliverables.
* Collaborates and builds relationships with key IT, Security and core business partners (e.g. Security Engineering & Integration, Architecture & Cloud Security, Security Services Operations, Cyber Programs & Assurance, Information Risk Management, etc.) to enable continued security education and awareness around assigned initiatives and to improve overall relationships.
* Tracks and provides regular workstream and project level metrics that will enable a clear understanding of the status of assigned initiatives, and escalates to their supervisor and appropriate IT security leadership for guidance when adjustments/issues are encountered that pose risk to defined objectives.
* Meets regularly with key stakeholders and teams to provide ongoing project level status reporting as requested for the IT Security and IT technical leadership teams.
* Collaborates and builds relationships with IT colleagues, core business partners and 3rd party service provider's leadership/account teams to enable continued security education and awareness and improve overall relationships.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree.
* Experience supporting and managing cross-functional and/or enterprise level projects.
* Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
* A results-oriented and customer-centric focus.
* Demonstrated results in operations management, information systems administration, and/or technical project implementation.
* Four or more years of experience managing medium to large cross-functional or enterprise level projects.
* Track record of accomplishments, including successful medium/large scale projects.
* Strong written, analytical, documentation, organizational and communication skills.
* Knowledge of IT and Security systems, applications and tools.
* Knowledge of SDLC processes and tools.
* Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, SIPOC, Process Mapping, etc.).
* Knowledge of Information Security policies and fundamentals as they relate to protection of information assets.
* Knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) standards, guidelines, and best practices to manage cybersecurity-related risk.
* Project Management Institute's Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or relevantproject management experience.
* Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification, or willingness to obtain within the first year.
* Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, OCI, GCP etc.).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.