At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Security Engineering Manager, Investigations to join the Security Response & Investigations team. This innovator will lead a team of engineers to build a program that detects, investigates, and tracks cybersecurity threats of all types.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Drive talented engineers to innovate, automate, and refine Cybersecurity investigations at Uber.
* Set roadmap, pace, and metrics.
* Drive cross organizational response initiatives.
* Help talented engineers develop toward their goals.
What You'll Need
* 7+ years experience in digital forensics, investigations, threat hunting, purple teaming, and meeting audit objectives
* 2+ years people management experience
* Ability to set and achieve buy-in for strategic vision for the program
* Ability to set roadmaps and hit targets in a fast paced environment
* Passion for the hunt and excited for a challenge
* Ability to drive a team to innovative solutions
* Clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
* Comfortable generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
* Strong cross group partnership driving key strategic partnerships for Security Response and Investigations
* Ability to communicate ideas and proposals concisely, both verbally and written, to senior staff members
* In depth experience with Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, and Web Services, and Cloud, and Identity security logging
* A solid understanding of information security standards & response methodologies
* Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
* Strong organizational and relationship skills
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
About the Team
Uber's Security Investigations team is responsible for technical investigation and forensics across Uber globally. The team drives successful defense against threats across all of Uber's infrastructure, services, and millions of users. Enjoy coming in every day to "fight for the user", knowing your work is critical in the defense of Uber and our users.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.