MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
FULFILLING YOUR POTENTIAL
Reporting to the CISO of Marcus by Goldman Sachs, this role is a highly influential and visible role combining strategic planning, business management, and process improvement across a fast-moving financial technology business. This role will be the Marcus CISO's partner in preparing the technology risk group's short-term and long-term roadmap and enabling the team to over deliver on expected results.
This individual will act as an extension of the Marcus CISO, aligning execution to goals, removing roadblocks, performing analysis and gathering research to facilitate faster decision-making, and ensuring communication and reporting are happening smoothly and consistently. Interacting across multiple functional areas, this individual will significantly increase interdepartmental efficiencies.
This individual should have strong project management skills to support driving cross-functional initiatives. He/She will often operate in an ambiguous environment, with minimal supervision, and thus must possess strong personal drive and self-motivation.
Executive Communications & Management (50%)
* Security Programme
* Develop and track short-term and long-term security goals to share with technology leadership
* Prepare and maintain overall state of security, describing control adoption status, residual risk, and key initiatives
* Manage KPI's across technology risk and technology to help track effectiveness, risk, and drive strategy and roadmaps
* Act as the technology risk product owner by managing the technology risk roadmap, resource planning and preparing business cases for new initiatives in collaboration with stakeholders both within the Technology Risk team and broader Marcus
* Optimize team roles and responsibilities and manage processes for risk management and delivery
* Identify and run initiatives to improve security effectiveness and performance, which would include analysis and cross-functional work group status updates
* Support the Marcus CISO in executive/company communications, both internally and externally. Manage and develop the content and communication for presentations.
* Manage and craft regular security messaging and agenda for written postings or for technology-wide presentations
* Manage the agenda for regular management meetings and ensure coordination and communication between teams is as efficient as possible
Key Initiatives (50%)
* Develop requirements for and manage the execution and delivery of key initiatives
* Identify process definition or improvement opportunities and design and operate as needed, i.e. create structure where there might not be any, continuously improve processes and documentation for successful operations
* Manage and drive implementation of security controls
* Have a deep aptitude for numbers, be able to understand complex business and product strategies, and be able to develop strategic frameworks as well as translate key themes and tactics into understandable, executable components and messages for broad consumption
* Conduct analysis on shorter term special projects that cover a wide span of topics
* Strong security and business acumen. A keen intellect, combining analytical reasoning, security, creativity, conceptual ability and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. 5+ years across multiple security domains including control assessments
* Proven in a high growth environment. A skilled and flexible leader demonstrating increasing responsibilities in previous roles
* Quantitatively inclined. Strong business acumen and analytical abilities, including excel. Able to run queries to perform analysis as needed.
* 10-15 years of work experience. Prior experience in strategy, management consulting, investment banking or as a general manager is a plus. (Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred)
* Operates at multiple levels. Able to deal effectively with strategy, as well as the tactical, operational details.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Personable and can quickly engender people's confidence. Able to lead effectively through influence and consensus. A relationship builder, good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural consultative style
* Outstanding communicator. An individual who possesses good written/oral communications skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner. Positive can-do orientation. Able to deal effectively with broad range of personalities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.