As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Under the direction of the Partners HealthCare Deputy CISO and SecMon Team Lead, responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of security tools and services supporting the Partners HealthCare System.
Configures, deploys, and manages the components supporting the Security Operations Center (firewalls, Intrusion detection systems, Malware Analysis, user tracking, SIEM etc.). Provides advanced handling of escalated security issues. Performs advanced interpretation of security issues as provided by management and diagnostic tools. Responds to potential incidents as a member of the CSIRT. Plans and executes responses to information security incidents. Evaluates and oversees deployment and pre-deployment of security within information systems and recommends best practices for reduction of risk. Recommends changes to information systems operating procedures to maximize information security.
Will be responsible for project support of several key strategic information technology initiatives for Partners HealthCare and its affiliates. The incumbent will work closely with business committees, IT management, and cross-business process teams to define business needs, project approach, scope, and work plan to meet both system and operational objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Senior member of the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) as it forms, and acts as an escalation point of Incident Response efforts. Works with information resource owners during and after security breaches recommends best practices and assesses the scope of damage and risk to vital information resources. Works with Human Resources, Police and Security, and law enforcement in order to ensure security for clinical and financial information resources.
* Provides guidance to technical support staff specializing in security operations implementations and support.
* Responsible for configuration, deployment, and maintenance of security equipment and related applications and platforms throughout PHS.
* Administers information security and risk management program to safeguard patients, staff, facilities, and physical information system assets.
* Oversees and coordinates monitoring of information security events by analyzing Intrusion Detections reports, firewall logs and other sources.
* Maintains a deep understanding of current issues in the realm of information security. Subscribes to major industry newsgroups and mailing lists and assess the impact of all emerging issues on systems and practices at Partners.
* Monitors security bulletins and alerts from all Partners' information system vendors. Evaluates vulnerability impact and formulates and executes risk mitigation plans.
* Maintains broad understanding of information security including HIPAA, Mass ID Theft regulation 201 CMR 17, PCI, ISO27002, NIST and other information security frameworks and regulations.
* Occasional after hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during business hours. Participates in CSIRT on call rotation and carries pager and cell phone 24x7.
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university required.
* 5 years of experience in an information security role or experience with security and internetworking devices and software, including at least two years experience with large mission-critical internetworks.
* Experience with firewall and security technologies.
* Experience with security policy and procedures..
* Any relevant information security, privacy and process certification(s), e.g. CISSP, SSCP, CISSLP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, CEH, GPEN, GWEB, GWAPT, ITIL, PMP and PCIP. At least one security related qualification is required.
* Knowledge of HIPAA, Mass ID Theft regulation 201 CMR 17, PCI-DSS, NIST CSF and other appropriate information security regulatory requirements for healthcare entities desirable.
* Demonstrable technical knowledge for administering and deploying multiple host operating systems including Microsoft Windows 2012-2016, Linux and Solaris.
* Exposure to Splunk, Encase, VeraCode, Crowdstrike and Tenable desirable
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES:
* Demonstrated ability to deploy and maintain information security equipment.
* Experience in computer forensics
* Excellent analytic and reasoning skills, particularly in solving large, complex problems.
* Ability to assume high levels of responsibility and to work with a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
* Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
* Ability to function as a member of the information security team, and to work collaboratively with multiple institutions, departments, and technical operations staffs across multiple facilities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Exposure to financial planning
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Knowledge of the following Technologies:
o Web technologies
o Unix and Microsoft operating systems
o Network protocols with strong emphasis on TCP/IP
o Information Security best practices
o Firewalls and Intrusion Detection
o Malware analysis and Forensics
o Splunk search and Enterprise Security
o EnCase, FTK, SANS SIFT
o Metasploit, Core Impact
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.