* 5+ years of experience as a Security Engineer
* 1+ years of hands on cloud operations experience at scale in AWS (preferred) and/or Azure
* Software development experience in enterprise environments
* Hands on cloud operations experience at scale in AWS (preferred) and/or Azure
* Experience building, implementing and operating security tools such as firewalls, privileged access, encryption
* Strong applied knowledge of infrastructure and network security, including diagnosing and triaging vulnerabilities
* Familiarity with security tools including next generation firewall platforms (Palo Alto, Fortinet, Checkpoint, etc.)
* Experienced with cloud identity and access management solutions including authentication federation and least-privileged-access enforcement
* Ability to communicate with stakeholders effectively written and verbally
* Container orchestration experience (especially Kubernetes) is a strong plus
* Continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) experience a plus
* Configuration management (Chef, Puppet) experience is a plus
* Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform) experience is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You will work in Chicago within our Information Security teams which is part of McKinsey's Solution Technology practice.
This group fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for the firm's entrepreneurial culture.
You will work with key technical stakeholders within the security team, techops teams and application development teams to design, build and maintain our cloud security infrastructure and tools.
What You'll Do
You will help grow, build, standardize, scale and operate our cloud security technology.
As we expand our cloud security program in a rapidly growing portfolio of new applications, you will be working to build and scale out our security controls. You will help to scale and automate our cloud security infrastructure and develop technical standards and practices.
Depending on your background and interests, you will be working with cloud- technologies including next generation firewalls, application security tools, logical access systems, monitoring systems and other tools.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.