Posting Job Description
Responsible for the engineering and support of the applications, tools and systems used to monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff to implement and operate security applications and platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs daily Network Operations functions.
* Designs and implements security applications and controls that acquire and correlate security relevant system and application log data to alert and report on potential security events.
* Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and lead the response and mitigation activities for the security events.
* Implements, maintains and monitors threat intelligence data from various resources that is relevant to Charter's networks and systems.
* Designs and implements the system logic to detect security threats.
* Recommends, designs and implements security systems and tools used by Network Security Operations and provides ongoing system support.
* Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
* Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
BASIC/ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of Two (2) years of Network Security operations experience
* Minimum of Two (2) years of Information Security Operations
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIRMENTS:
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
* Expert knowledge of network security technologies and tools, such as SIEM, IDP/IPS, Identity Management, TACACS, Network Anomoly detection, DDoS protection, forensics, and botnet detection
* Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and technologies used.
* Expert knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to work across functional boundaries, build consensus and drive results
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and should have good presentation skills
* Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities, have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through complexity and rapid change
* Experience with Arbor Networks products
* Worked with RSA Netwitness products
* Cisco ACS
* Juniper, Palo Alto and Cisco Firewalls
* Oracle & SQL Database skills
* Scripting tools such as Python
* Strong Linux/Unix operational knowledge and experience
* Current security certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, and SANS GIAC. Firewall, Intrusion Detection Systems, and router engineering