We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company reinventing the way the healthcare system works. As a Security Engineer, you will lead how we build platforms and processes that are secure by design and by default. You will achieve this by first, working closely with product and engineering teams in identifying risks during the requirements and design phases of the application and architectural development life cycle. Second, providing insightful subject matter expertise and design strategies to mitigate risks. Third, further extend the growth of an innovative, safety and privacy-minded engineering culture through education and ongoing assessments. Lastly, as a Security Engineer, you will develop and operate security tooling that operationalizes Ro's security strategy.
Additionally, the opportunity at Ro as a Security Engineer is full spectrum. Your professional development is "choose your own adventure" and genuinely supported.
At Ro, you will build technology to help people become a healthier version of themselves, turn physicians into better healthcare professionals and power our increasingly complex operations and fulfillment logistics.
What You'll Do
* Contribute to and deliver on Ro's security strategy
* Develop and operationalize IT security tooling
* Work closely with product and engineering teams to support and maintain a secure by design and by default engineering practice
What You Bring to the Security Engineering Team
* Growth mindset and an innate passion for learning
* Exceptional communication and structured analysis skills
* Minimum 1 - 3 years of demonstrated history working in a "modern" tech stack (cloud hosted, micro-services, CI/CD, etc.)
* Deep technical security domain knowledge (e.g. Networks, Cloud, AppSec, Micro Services)
* Highly comfortable writing and maintainable code (e.g. Python, Django, Golang) within the context to cloud security engineering tradecraft
* Proven experience automating core security functions (e.g. SAST, DAST, Lambdas, etc.)
Bonus Points for
* Security certifications in good standing: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP, etc.
* Startup experience in highly regulated industries such as Healthcare, FinTech, or Defense (e.g. HITECH, SOC, HIPAA)
Benefits + Perks
* Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
* A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee
* Health FSA
* Commuter benefits
* Unlimited PTO
* Gym benefits
* Maternity/paternity policy
* The cutest office dog you've ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders and sexuality to apply.
WE ARE RO
We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company where doctors, pharmacists and engineers are working together to reinvent the way the healthcare system works. So it works better for everyone-providers and patients alike. We promise to make the complicated straightforward. The expensive affordable. And the frustrating delightful.
By tearing down the walls and bringing providers and patients together in one place, we're making it easier and more affordable for millions of people to get personalized treatment, get healthy and get back to living the lives they dream about.
Ro is backed by some of the best investors in the world. Our investors have also backed Warby Parker, Harry's, Stripe, Oscar, and PillPack.
Roman is a direct-to-consumer men's health company.