We're looking for a Security Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our Los Angeles headquarters or Yverdon-les-Bains office, you'll collaborate with engineers from many different disciplines to help develop and deploy infrastructure to monitor for threats and respond to security incidents.
What you'll do:
* Design and implement logging and alerting systems to detect malicious activity on Snap Inc.'s endpoints, infrastructure, and networks
* Build tools and devise automation strategies to improve Snap Inc.'s ability to hunt threats and respond to intrusions
* Investigate events generated by the alerting pipeline and triage potential incidents
* Work closely with multiple Snap Inc. teams during incidents and drive response efforts
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related technical field
* A team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven experience in one or more of the following detection and response areas: digital forensics, malware analysis, incident management, host/network intrusion detection
* Strong development skills in Python and/or Go
* Advanced knowledge of operating system internals, and a core competency in two or more of the following: macOS, Windows, Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
* Demonstrated knowledge in threat hunting and developing logic to automate threat detection and incident response
* Familiarity with cloud-based services and infrastructure (Google Cloud, GSuite, Etc)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
* Practical experience in a BeyondCorp model
* Work record of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
About Snap Inc.
Snap is a company that provides technology and social media services.