Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
We're looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Security Engineer to help drive the strategic direction of security at Viasat. The candidate will help groups architect and build secure applications and products as well as maintain and improve the posture of applications and systems. This individual will have an endless drive to work with business units to help secure their platforms in addition to being their trusted security liaison. Primary responsibilities include:
* Cultivate innovative ways to make security easy to use and consume * Architect and advise groups in building secure products and services * Research and develop prescriptive security guidance and approved patterns * Evaluate and promote future security technologies to product teams * Identify security gaps and shortcomings and work effectively with product owners to remediate * Improve and create processes and procedures as they relate to data protection and privacy * Establishing strong security relationships with our product owners
What you'll get:
* Opportunity to be exposed to meaningful, high visibility, business impacting projects that provide both personal satisfaction and company value * Exposure to all facets of information security via interactions with security teams * Ability to make independent security decisions on the behalf of others * Exposure to leading edge security and application technologies * Promoting security in a positive and fun atmosphere
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience * 5 plus years of practical security experience * CISSP, SANS or related security certification * A business first mentality with an eye for security * Strong knowledge of SDLC and security automation concepts * Public cloud security expertise including Amazon, GCP and/or Azure * Experience with security architecture and frameworks * Deep security best practices skillset related to public cloud environments * Proven history of driving projects to completion * The ability to help assist in securing API and web applications * Working knowledge of IAM including LDAP, Active Directory, SAML and cloud IAM * Experience utilizing data protection practices and procedures including DLP * A solid understanding of PKI core concepts and technologies * Compliance experience including PCI, ISO, SOX, NIST * US Citizenship * Ability to obtain a US Secret and above clearance
* Educational classes relating to business process improvement * Experience working in a DevSecOps environment * Past history of operating and managing security tools * Past history of conducting threat modeling assessments and risk assessments * *
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
* Facebook * LinkedIn * Twitter * Google * Email
About Viasat Inc.
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.