The Host Security Engineer II is responsible for envisioning and taking steps to implement security improvements to protect Ross' information and assets. The Host Security Engineer leads initiatives that harden Ross's Host security posture and capabilities from concept through delivery, defining and following discreet procedures and protocols to ensure integrity and compliance. The Host Security Engineer leads the product area strategy, roadmap, application design and vendor/product due-diligence functions.
The Host Security Engineer serves as a liaison to the other Information Security and IT functional groups, influencing outcomes as appropriate. The Host Security Engineer operates as the Host Security Subject Matter Expert (SME), and provides 3rd level production support for application.
* Research, evaluate, and develop Host Security designs and standards following industry best practices.
* Ensure that business strategy, IT enterprise security and implementation are aligned. Provide input to technical designs in enterprise security solutions, specifically around tools and systems that would best support the design.
* Work with the other IT organizations to design, develop, and implement Enterprise Security solutions to support new initiatives.
* Provide technical expertise to solve production issues related to security applications, recommend solutions or process enhancements and root cause Analysis.
* Recommend improvements to company's security posture through technological, administrative, or physical controls. Work with project teams regarding security architecture and technical implementation.
* Ensure that security solutions are acquired, configured and implemented correctly.
* Problem Solving
* Customer Focus
* Drive for Results
* Time Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Strong knowledge of Host security products such as File Integrity Monitoring, Endpoint Security, Endpoint Encryption, Advanced Threat Protection, Security Log Management and PKI/Certificates.
* Strong knowledge of current security space with general understanding of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information on the security landscape.
* At least 7 years of Information Security experience and at least 5 years with a large organization.
* Strong knowledge of security tools Anti-virus/malware protection, Advanced Threat Protection, Log Collection & Analysis, User Behavior Analytics, and Scanning for Vulnerabilities in Operating Systems, Databases and networks. Preference to hands on experience with Symantec SEP or McAfee Suite of security applications.
* Knowledge of securing operating systems, databases, encryption, and other security technologies.
* Bachelor degree preferred or Senior level certification with equivalent demonstrated relevant experience.
* Working experience with security tools
* Able to work independently and creatively problem solve complex technical problems.
* Able to provide leadership, guidance and training to others.
* Able to provide accurate estimates of timeframes and cost estimates necessary to complete potential projects and develop milestones and project implementation plans.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work in a group setting and independently.
* Knowledge of securing Office 365
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.