Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Security Engineer to join our IT team in Chicago or Denver. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world's most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Drillinginfo is the right company at the right time.
* Operationalizes cybersecurity by monitoring and ensuring compliance to industry best practices, standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting relevant training opportunities.
* Provide technical advisory. Architects and designs security solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders.
* Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of business-driven solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring other team members.
* Identify threats and develop suitable defense measures, evaluate system changes for security implications.
* Engineer and implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
* Engineers and configure host-based security as well as network and cloud-based security systems.
* Verifies local and cloud security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
* Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
* Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Enhances business value by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the business.
* Recommend security or process enhancements to CSO and other stakeholders.
* Other duties as assigned
Competitive Candidate Profile
* Network Security
* Network Protocols and Best Practice Topology
* Security Frameworks
* Conceptual Skills
* Decision Making
* Ethical Hacking
* Penetration Testing
* Script Programming
* Organizational and Communication Skills
* Education: Associates degree or relative industry credential (e.g., Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Forensics, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Incident Response, Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Information Assurance, and Information Security or Computer Science) with 3-4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience.