What you'll be doing...
The successful security enablement candidate will report to the Corporate Information Security, IT Security VP and be responsible for building and leading a team accountable for developing security roadmaps, market research to identify cyber security trends, investigate and assess new security defense technology, build content for executive audiences, oversee IT Security business operations that includes budget planning and management.
The ideal candidate will build and lead a new Security Enablement team within the IT Security and Cyber Services team. The initial team size will be five high performing roles focused on cyber planning responsibilities that include:
* Develop IT Security and Cyber Services roadmaps to increase cyber maturity and drive innovation
* Conduct Cyber research: industry trends, new threats, industry statistics for cyber presentations
* Act as lead analyst to analyze and identify actionable industry cyber trends
* Lead and coordinate technology assessments to continuously improve cyber defenses
* Prepare content for cyber executive and board presentations
* Facilitate planning sessions across IT Security and Cyber Services organization
* Maintain department cyber services catalog
* Oversee business operations that includes IT Security and Cyber Services budget processes
In addition, candidate will need to be outgoing, highly motivated, team player that collaborates across the IT Security and Cyber Services leadership team and develop understanding of Verizon cyber defense landscape. The candidate possesses a fundamental drive for exploration and experimentation as well asfundamental business financial knowledge. Candidate possessesthe ability to operate in a planning function; defining (versus following) a directional path for the IT Security and Cyber Services organization. Effectively operate across cyber, technical and business dimensionswith the ability to lead and operate in cross-functional, matrixed work teams
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Six or more years of relevant work experience in information security and technology planning or analyst role
Even better if you have:
* 3+ years of leadership experience in cyber or technical planning role
* Fundamental business financial knowledge
* Ability to lead and operate in cross-functional, matrixed work teams
* Possess fundamental drive for exploration and experimentation
* 8+ years of experience and background in security, technology with work history over the last 3+ years in a planning role
* Cyber security certifications including CISSP
* Strong knowledge of security maturity frameworks and their implementation into planning process
* Knowledge of security best practices with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and adversaries and impact to large corporations
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Capability to present and communicate to both superiors and peers.
* Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners
* Excellent documentation and organization skills.
* Ability to multitask, take direction, prioritize, and manage multiple activities / tasks to achieve objectives.
* Experience building, updating, and maintaining technical training documentation.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.