Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Viasat security professional you will be the primary FSO/ Comsec Custodian/ISSM responsible for all aspects of the Security Program for our Marlborough, Massachusetts office as well as providing oversight to other cleared Viasat facilities. You will be expected to maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers, to include several government agencies. We'll count on you to ensure strict compliance with government, customer and company security policies and procedures including the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), NSA CSS 3/16, Program Security Directives/Guides contractually imposed by customers and the Viasat Corporate Security Practice Plan (SPP). Your leadership skills should allow you to provide Security direction and mentoring to remote employees to assist them in developing strong, compliant Security programs at their locations. In this dynamic role you will have the opportunity to lead team members, implement compliant Security and Safety programs and effect policy decisions to support the overall Corp Security & Environment Health organization.
Duties will include document control, destruction and accountability, clearance processing, briefings, classification management, records maintenance, visitor control, meeting coordination, incident investigation, self-inspections, physical security, Comsec Management, etc. As the ISSM for multiple unified networks you will need to provide some IT supports such as adding/removing systems to the network, changing out hard drives, network backups and password resets. You will work with the corporate ISSM to ensure strict adherence to computer security while enabling the engineering teams to work seamlessly. Interface with DSS, NSA, government customers and contractor personnel as required. Respond to after-hours alarms, information system support needs and emergency conditions.
Duties will include:
* Provide security leadership, support and oversight to the facility. Including responding to facilities issues and helping to solve facility related issues.
* Manage all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and other security activities within facility in accordance with the NISPOM, NSA 3-16 and other applicable government security directives associated with security programs. Familiarity with NISPOM Chapter 8 and the ODAA process guide in support of classified networks is a plus.
* Responsible for all aspects of document control and accountability to include classification management, maintaining Security Information Management accountability system, destruction and inventory management. Serve as the classification management specialist providing classification guidance to employees and subcontractors.
* Initiate new hire and clearance processing, conduct security briefings as required and maintenance of local security personnel records. Assist employees with the completion of e-QIP and associated clearance paperwork.
* Conduct and implement physical security functions to include visitor management, access control and badging procedures.
* Responsible for Visitor Control administration and coordination of classified meetings.
* Conduct investigations and documentation associated with security infractions/violations, and property loss or damage.
* Maintains working relationships with government representatives, teaming partners, industry counterparts, and multiple levels of management and personnel.
* Conducts periodic self-inspections bi-annually or as required by Defense Security Service (DSS), NSA and other reviews as directed by the government.
* Develop and implement security procedures consistent with NISPOM and best industry practices; enhance the ongoing security awareness and education programs. Conduct indoctrination, periodic, refresher security education and training as required.
* Ability to respond to after-hour alarms and emergency conditions.
* Comsec Custodian: Perform all duties associated with maintaining a compliant COMSEC Account. Maintain accurate records utilizing DIAS database. Responsibilities include ordering, receiving/dispatching, storing, and COMSEC equipment and keying material accountability. Conduct internal audits for compliance, and facilitate employee training of communication security procedures.
* Support Safety related duties as required with oversight and direction from Corporate Safety staff.
* Oversight of Environmental Health and Safety related functions working closely with Corp. EHS staff.
* Provide support to the corporate office when needed for projects when needed.
* 5-8+ years experience in a DoD, or other industrial security program and in-depth understanding of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
* Strong Security Management background
* Working knowledge security software programs (e.g., JPAS, ISFD, eFOCI, eFCL, eQIP) is required
* Excellent written communication and organizational skills
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well individually as well as on a team.
* Possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
* Ability to work well under pressure, possess good problem solving skills and be able to enforce policies in a professional and personable manner.
* Availability to respond to after-hours alarms and emergency conditions.
* Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and general office equipment
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* US Citizenship with the ability to obtain/hold a DoD Secret or Top Secret level clearance.
* Past experience as an FSO or Alt. FSO in a small to mid-size company
* Past experience as Comsec Custodian or Alt. Comsec Custodian in a small to mid-size company
* DIAS Experience
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
US Citizenship Required
Must be able to obtain a United States Top Secret Clearance
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.