United States of America - Virginia, Springfield
AECOM has an opportunity for a
Security Education Specialist at our Springfield, VA location. The selected candidate administers and assures compliance with security regulations and procedures to include security briefing requirements in accordance with DoD and NGA guidelines. Administers and advises all departments regarding security briefing procedures to include security education and SCI security requirements. Routinely interacts with Contractor and Government agencies relative to security and briefing matters.
* Plans and coordinates security, badging services, and related functions to include the implementation and supervision of programs to ensure maximum utilization within the facility.
* Manage and maintain the classified document data base.
* Manage and maintain the personnel clearance data base.
* Ensure adherence to regulations for generation, transfer, storage and handling of classified materials.
* Manage and process security briefing Indoctrinations and debriefings.
* Coordinate with the responsible Company Facility Security Officer (FSO), to perform functions to ensure personnel DoD Clearance requirements are met and maintained.
* Screen and process badging and access support to government, prime company, subcontractor personnel, vendors, and visitors at customer/company site(s), to include foreign nationals.
* Implement and maintain procedures related to the industrial, personnel, information and physical security programs.
* Knowledgeable with Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Scattered Castle, M3/SMS, DEERS/Rapids, e-Travel, C-Cure 9000, MDI database, PeopleSoft Access Management System (PSAM).
* Perform all other security related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, occasional Tuesday 9:30 - 6:00 pm
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI is required.
* Associates Degree
* 3 years of Security Admin related experience.
* An extra 2 years of IC Security related experience will be accepted in lieu of Associates Degree.
* Requires operating application software, including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
* Ability to adapt to frequent change and a fast -paced work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Have the ability to deal with others in a positive manner.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
* Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of Security Admin related experience.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Security / Force Protection
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 218712BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.